Can I use my own laptop with wireless in the HSL?
Wireless Access Setup
Wireless access is available in HSL for UNC faculty, staff and students on the UNC-Secure network.
What you will need:
- A working Onyen.
- A device with network capability.
Network Setup for UNC Secure/Eduroam
1) Connect to UNC-Setup network to begin the process.
2) In your browser, navigate to enrollment.net.unc.edu if you are not automatically redirected once connected to UNC-Setup.
3) Walk through the prompts and select “Setup for Eduroam.” Enter your ONYEN and password.
4) Download the software when prompted. Open the software and walk through the prompts. Enter your laptop/device password when asked.
5) When complete, connect to the UNC-Secure or Eduroam network.
For information and instructions to configure your device, see the ITS guide "Connecting to the UNC Networks"
Guests & Visitors
WiFi access is available for vistors. "Search for networks" and connect to the SSID named UNC-Guest.
UNC libraries' online resources can not be accessed through the UNC-Guest. They are available to guests using the on the arc in front of the elevators on the first floor.
Note: The UNC-Guest network is not secure so it is highly recommended that UNC-CH affiliates use the UNC-Secure network.