What CITI training do I need at UNC?

Answered By: HSL Ask Us Librarians
Last Updated: Feb 24, 2020     Views: view

Researchers at UNC should complete the course most related to their research.

  • Group 1: Biomedical Research: Medical, physiological or pharmacological studies that typically involve direct contact with subjects. Includes, but is not limited to, research with drugs, devices or other interventions.
  • Group 2: Social and Behavioral Research: Studies on sociological, psychological, anthropological or educational phenomena that typically involve direct contact with subjects. Does not include drug or device studies.
  • Group 3: Data and Specimens ONLY: No direct contact with human subjects. Research limited to use of records, data (including secondary data sets), or biological samples.
  • In addition to the required modules, you should complete any “OPTIONAL” modules that apply to your research projects.

You can log in with your ONYEN and password or create an account with your UNC Health email and PID.  You do not need to register as an Independent Learner or pay for CEU.

For more questions, see the page for UNC Required Ethics Training.

Chat with Us

JavaScript disabled or chat unavailable.

Email Us

Submit a Question / Schedule a Consult
Your Contact Information
Fields marked with * are required.